Saturday, January 23, 2010

Housekeeping Spaz strikes again

A couple days ago, I put a load of clothes in the wash and then, wonder of wonders, remembered to move them over to the dryer before I went to bed! (Might have had something to do with the fact that there was a pair of jeans in there that I wanted to wear the next day). But when I went to get said jeans the next morning, all the clothes were still damp. Oh, shit, I thought. Did I put the clothes in the dryer and forget to start it!? But no, they only somewhat damp, not straight-out-of-the-washer soaked, and I knew I remembered hearing the clothes thunking around. Great, was my next thought, I broke the damn dryer. I am the best housekeeper EVER. So I asked Levi to take a look and see if he could figure out what was wrong. And he did.

And I learned that a full lint screen will prevent your clothes from drying properly. Who knew?

On a slightly more positive note, I got a motivation bug up my butt and scrubbed the kitchen today! Emptied the dishwasher, reloaded and started it, neatly stacked what wouldn't fit in the first load, wiped down the counters (scrubbed, in some places), even shined my sink. This is the only Flylady lesson that has ever stuck with me, and I admit I do get a little buzz at the sight of a sparkling clean kitchen sink.

It's one of my domestic-goddess quirks: the thought of picking up a bedroom full of toys all over the floor makes me hyperventilate, and I suck at remembering details like cleaning the lint screen on the dryer, but I love cleaning my kitchen.

1 comment:

  1. I ADORE cleaning my kitchen!! Down to the baseboards and everything!!

    ReplyDelete