Saturday, January 9, 2010

Random...redux

...my daughter has gorgeous hair - when she (read: we) takes care of it. I've had to do massive detangling twice this week, and in an effort to avoid having to do that again any time soon, spent 15 minutes this afternoon re-teaching her how to wash and condition (and RINSE, that's the biggie) it properly. I've also discovered a deep and abiding love for the original Johnson & Johnson's No More Tangles.

...I'm apparently a household management spaz. As a result of some marital negotiating, I've recently (as in, within the last week or so) taken over responsibility for doing the laundry and running the dishwasher. These really are two pretty simple tasks - 15 minutes or less of effort followed by an hour or so of waiting for the magic cleaning machines to do their stuff, followed by another 15 minutes of effort. Still, I'm struggling with developing a rhythm, a routine, a habit around these two small jobs. I'll diligently start a load of wash, and then it's out-of-sight-out-of-mind for three hours, even though the cycle takes all of 23 (or so) minutes. At least the dryer has a buzzer, and the dishwasher little lights that tell me when the dishes are clean, that I can see from my usual perch on couch. Not that I necessarily jump up at either of those signals...in fact, both the dishwasher and the dryer are waiting for my attention, and there's a load of clothes in the washer that MUST get moved over before bed. Nothing grosser than a load of wet clothes that's been sitting for 10+ hours. Blugh. In fact....I'll be right back. ;o)

...another awesome find from last weekend's grocery trip: these kick-ass Slimline beverage pitchers! I actually stumbled over one of these a year or more ago, and LOVED it, but promptly forgot where I found it. Our original model started to die recently - the top lid wouldn't screw on securely, so you could no longer shake the pitcher to mix the contents, and it's admittedly difficult to wash so it was just looking generally grody - so I've been on the lookout everywhere that sells kitchen stuff - Target, Walmart, even searching online. No luck. Lo and behold, apparently I found the first one at Cub Foods, because there they were again. We picked up two, one for koolaid and one for regular juice. The two next to each other take up about the same amount of space as two regular pouring pitchers, but they hold more and you don't have to take out whichever one is in front to get to the pitcher in back (and then hope you remember to put them both back). I am a happy camper!

...Fun fact: I just edited this post FOUR times within 2 minutes of posting it. I write, I post, I read, I tweak. It's a sickness.

No comments:

Post a Comment