Sunday, January 17, 2010

Perfect weekend

Title says it all, really! This weekend has been just about perfect. The weather was lovely - 30s and up during the day, 20ish at night.

Saturday I vegged around the house some, and went to a 3:30 yoga class at Yoga Center of Minneapolis. The class I took was called Vinyasa 1/2, and the description reads:


Sweat, breathe, go with the flow! This fun, flowing class combines postures and sequences from various styles of yoga. With a dynamic flowing sequence of yoga postures linking breath and movement, you'll cultivate awareness while building core strength and flexibility.



It was *hard* work! At my previous studio, we primarily studied the poses individually and didn't put as much focus on linking them together in a "flow." It took me a good 20 minutes into the class before I found my rhythm. Overall, though, it was excellent. I would definitely like to go back! It's far enough away (and at $16/class, pricey enough) that I'm can't commit to a weekly class, but I think I'm going to try to fit something in once a month or so.

After yoga, I cleaned up and headed out to the Year End Awards Banquet for CSDEA - the Central States Dressage and Eventing Association. Considering that we just started our Dressage training last spring and didn't show at ALL in 2009, Twinks and I weren't up for any awards (maybe next year!) but it's a fun event with lots of face time with other members (my mom/boss is on the board of directors, and part of my job is "volunteering" to handle the advertising for the member magazine and the annual calendar/member directory). There's also a silent auction, a live band, a buffet dinner and hey - my mom/boss paid for my ticket, so why not? ;o)

And TODAY - what a perfect Sunday. Levi made French toast for breakfast, then we all got our lucky Vikings gear on and we went over to my mom's house, watched my boys in purple whoop up on the Cowgirls, and had tacos for lunch/dinner. Now I'm home, my VERY tired little boy is already asleep in bed, and I have the rest of the evening to veg/read/watch TV/blog/talk smack to my Cowboys-fan friends on Facebook.

The ones that haven't un-Friend-ed me yet, that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment