Thursday, January 7, 2010

hate!

Jesus, Mary and Joseph, the weather was crap today. The thermometer read a balmy 8 degrees, but it was so damp that it felt like 10 below - before you factored in the gusting 15-20 mph winds and icy sleety business. Gross. So, so gross. I spent 4 hours mumbling "hate, hate, hate" under my breath. Hate stupid winter, hate this particularly awful weather, hate this stupid state.

Comforter hunt update! I really, really couldn't justify spending $70 (before shipping) on a kid's blanket, even an adorable one, so I started searching around for an alternative. Lo and behold, I found that EXACT comforter (okay, not with the cool corners) under a different brand name at sears.com. On clearance, even! They only had the full size, not the twin, but I figure I can just tuck the extra under the mattress on the wall side of the bed - so I snatched it up. I paid? $11.49! ELEVEN DOLLARS. I'm so stoked, and the J man is thrilled, too. Now to unearth the bed itself from the bowels of the garage. Maybe next week...we're supposed to have a heat wave. Mid-20s, baby! Practically summer. Where'd I pack away my shorts?

What else? Oh. Brianna cracked me up this evening. Look at what she did to her hair:
The other side is even crazier, but I couldn't get a good picture. Now, note the blue and yellow decoration at the top of the ponytail. Here's a better look at it:
It's a teeny tiny tiara, complete with precious gemstone, made out of pipe cleaners, which she is using as a ponytail holder. Who thinks of these things? Only my daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment