Thursday, January 14, 2010

Gadget prOn: Pineapple corer


Finally got a chance to test-drive the pineapple-coring gadget we picked up at the grocery store last week. I think the pictures speak for themselves:








IT WORKS!!!!

I'm inordinately pleased about this. First of all, I love fresh pineapple, but am always torn between buying whole and dealing with hacking it up, or spending double to get the pre-sliced or chunked. Second of all...I didn't really expect it to work this perfectly. The pineapple we bought was small enough that I didn't expect the cutting part to actually stay inside the bounds of the shell - but it did! My only letdown is that I'm not left with a perfectly pineapple-shaped bowl to drink margaritas out of, or something. Maybe if I start with a bigger pineapple next time....

*Much thanks to Levi for being my hand model while I snapped pictures. <3>


5 comments:

  1. Now THAT is cool. Must. Have. One. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally need that. Like, now. Yesterday, even.

    ReplyDelete
  3. $10 on Amazon, if you don't find it randomly at the grocery store like I did. Google also shows a stainless steel version for $20.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The stainless version is The Awesome. I use this thing weekly. I looooooove pineapple.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy hell. Weekly!? That's a lotta pineapple.

    ReplyDelete