Saturday, January 2, 2010

Holy eff, it's cold!

I was thinking about asking my mom to babysit today so that I could ride the pony, since I haven't had time in about a week, but it's -20 out right now, and the high is supposed to be -2. Fuhggedaboudit. Zero degrees above zero is my cutoff! Maybe tomorrow - the high is supposed to be 7 above, woo!

Yesterday, I finally learned how to correctly fold a fitted sheet. (Thanks, YouTube!) Our linen closet (if you can call it that - it's one shelf in the hall cabinet), was so jammed I couldn't fit one single solitary additional dishcloth in there. And I had a friggin queen-size sheet to put away! so I yanked EVERYTHING out, refolded it all (thanks, YouTube!) and put back ONLY what we're actually using on the beds these days. Which was less than half of what I pulled out. Everything else went into a box labeled (in my head) "Why the hell is this stuff taking up space in my house?" I foresee a garage sale in my near (like, 4 or 5 months from now, when it's no longer 20 below) future.

Before (halfway through, actually) and after:













OH: Update on the bedding dilemma from yesterday. The more I studied them, the more I liked the pirates, and when I showed Levi, he liked the pirates better, too. And to seal the deal, J was looking over my shoulder and shrieked "Dat MY bed!!!" which had Levi and I rolling on the floor lauging. So I guess, pirates, it is. PLUS, although the thought of paying $70 for a blanket kind of kills me, I found out that you can also get the comforter in this style:



That's right, shaped corners to (theoretically) make the comforter lay nicely on the bed all the time. I'm in love. Now to try and find one somewhere cheap. Or cheapER, anyway.

1 comment:

  1. I should have read further. I am glad you are getting the pirate theme. :) Pirates ARE cool!

    ReplyDelete