Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!!!

I'm a lousy blogger, I know. I keep coming up with ideas for posts but then getting writer's block when it comes to actually putting words down. I need to jump on the Wordless Wednesday and Three Thing Thursday bandwagons just to develop some consistency.

Today's post is EASY, though - what else is there to blog about on January 1 besides looking back at 2010 and ahead to 2011?

2010 was, as Levi put it so well, tumultuous at best.
  • We made the very difficult decision to file bankruptcy and walk away from our house. Things have been somewhat rocky financially for several years and we just couldn't keep our heads above water any more. The bank takes possession on February 24th and as of today, we're still not sure where we're going to be instead. To say that we've been spending a lot of mental and emotional energy on this lately is probably the understatement of the year. 
  • In May I fell off my horse and broke my ankle - I was super excited to do a lot of riding and even some showing this year and well...THAT went right out the window. I finally started riding again seven months later - almost to the day, in fact. Fortunately all of last year's motivations and goals will easily transfer over to 2011 instead.  
  • Over the summer I spent several weeks working with a career coach. I came away with a much clearer idea of what I want to be doing, long term...and also the realization that I will need to go back to school in order to get there.  Fortunately, I also got some great resume and interview advice that should help me nail down a new in-between job while I work on the education part.
 Enough dwelling on the past, though! 2011 is a fresh start, right?
  • In October I gave up caffeine (more on that in another post, someday), but I drank a lot of grape soda to compensate for the loss of my beloved Mountain Dew. Starting today, I'm also giving up all soda. I know this is one of the biggest hurdles in my weight loss.
  • I WLL exercise my horse at least 4 days a week. My trainer is in Florida for three months, so it's entirely up to me to keep him in shape both physically and mentally!) so that we're not starting over come April.
  • I want to be more consistent with my hooping practice. I can't wait until winter is over and I can get outside, but I have a great space in my basement that I really should utilize.
  • The job search continues! Thanks to my work with Cindy, I am being much more focused and only applying for jobs where I think I'll have long term success and happiness. 
  • I've submitted my application for admission to the St. Kate's Weekend Program for Fall 2011! I really wanted to do the Winter or Spring trimesters rather than waiting until September, but I'm in the middle of rehabbing the student loan I took out in 2008 and I can't apply for new financial aid until that process is complete, so Fall it is.
  • Last but definitely not least, I plan to continue the OAMC cooking we started this fall. I got a little lazy about it in December and boy do I regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment