Apparently, one benefit of habitually cooking 10-15 meals at a time is that you just get generally more comfortable in the kitchen. Last week we had a couple bananas that were getting "iffy" so I decided to make banana bread. Out came my trusty Betty Crocker cookbook...butter, sugar, eggs, bananas, flour, etc....dump it all in the loaf pan, pop it in the oven. Easy, right?
So, a couple hours later Levi gets home from work and the following conversation takes place:
L: Why does it smell good in here?
F: I dunno...I made banana bread, is that it?
L: You made banana bread?
F: Yeah....we had two bananas left and they were getting weird. So?
L: So you just...made bread. In the middle of the day.
F: . . . .yes?
Heh. You can also freeze the bananas if you're not going to use them right away. In bread, it doesn't matter if they're brown or mushy.
ReplyDeleteI love the Betty Crocker basic banana bread recipe. So nummy.