Thursday, February 3, 2011

Three Things Thursday

1. I think I mentioned, briefly, that I plan to return to school in September, which I'm super stoked about. Due to the fact that I'm in the middle of rehabbing an old student loan, I was under the impression that I couldn't apply for new financial aid until the rehab was complete in April, which is why I settled on Fall. However, I found out that I'm actually eligible after 6 months of payments which is...now. Which means I could theoretically start back as soon as the Spring trimester in April. Exciting!!  But...The application deadline is in three weeks, and I still have to convince UOP to release my transcript, AND I'd be applying for 2010-11 aid instead of 2011-12 aid, which at this late date may or may not net me enough to cover all of my tuition, AND there's the whole issue of changing permanent addresses smack in the middle of all this. Which makes me think maybe I should stick with Plan A.  Or I could put my nose to the grindstone (who comes up with these expressions?) and MAKE IT HAPPEN....?

2. I've started a new exercise program! You may or may not have ever heard of the Hundred Pushups challenge, which is exactly what it sounds like - it's a FREE, online 6-week program that takes you from being able to do zero pushups to 100 in a row. The pushups program was so popular that the guy also created programs for doing 200 sit-ups and 200 squats. Put these three together, and you've got yourself a pretty comprehensive, full-body workout that takes, eh, about 30 minutes three times a week.  I really really like it because it's super basic - no gym membership, not even any equipment, just time and a little bit of floor - and also because there's a concrete, tangible goal that you're working toward. I also really want to add Couch to 5K to my plan, but my ankle doesn't like running yet...I really need to get on the phone with my PT and find out why.

3. I know I had a third thing, but it's lost now. So instead, I'm going to link you to my friend Heather's fundraiser. Heather's daughter, Gabby, was diagnosed with leukemia on January 1st, and addition to being a wife, employee, and mom to two other girls, she's also running in the Pediatric Cancer Research Foundation's Cinco de Mayo Half Marathon. Her personal fundraising goal is $2000 (at the moment - she's already halfway there!). Please, take a minute to read Gabby's story, and if the spirit moves you, you can donate here. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment