Sunday, February 13, 2011

house house house house house!!!

We. Have. A. House.  I'm about to faint with relief. It's everything we could have hoped for and then some...it's the only place we'd found that actually has a TWO car garage!  Here are a few pix I "borrowed" from the Craigslist ad, until I get a chance to take some of my own...

The front...we will be on the right half. Note all the awesome trees (love trees)...and the giant road? That's cause we're on a cul-de-sac.  Score!

The view when you walk in the front door. Working wood fireplace, not that we'll ever use it. Brianna's room will be directly to the right (before the stairs - with her own 3/4 bath!), nice size family room past the stairs...can't remember if there's a door to the backyard or not? Hope so. Laundry room beyond that, and garage access (did I mention it's a TWO car garage?  So happy).

Probly gonna have to do something about the no-railing on the open side of the stairs. It bugs me.


All new kitchen!  With a breakfast bar! Pretty!  Even though I'm generally not a huge fan of light wood, I really dig the grain of the cabinets - hickory, I think the guy said. The only random thing is that when they redid it, (I'm guessing) they opted for more cabinet space and so the fridge is in the dining room (basically right where the photographer is/was standing).  It's not a huge inconvenience, it's just...random.

This picture I took when we toured the house last week:
Main floor living room. New hardwood or Pergo/laminate, not sure which (don't care, either...it's mostly going to get covered by area rugs as soon as we can afford to buy some). Really nice sized room - enough for the TV console, couch, etc. AND probably the treadmill. Or something.

The "main" (upper) floor also has the master bedroom, dining room (tile floors - gonna need a rug there, too), a pretty nice full bath and the smaller second (Josh's) bedroom. And a deck!  And apparently there's a fire pit in the backyard, somewhere under all the snow.  Walking/biking trail right across the back boundary of the property, and we're only about 3 miles from my grandparent's house on Lake Minnetonka. Guess where we're going to be hanging out all summer??  :oD

I'm SO excited. In case you couldn't tell. 

1 comment: