Had my final check up with the orthopedic surgeon this morning! The breaks are fully healed, now it's just a matter of waiting for the tendons and whatnot to recover from being wrecked. Doc says the best therapy I can do is just walking on it every day - which is harder than it sounds. It's really easy to drift into a limp that doesn't actually use the ankle. It actually feels pretty good - like I'm recovering from a really bad sprain at this point.
My ankle is still pretty deformed, which is making shoes a bit of a challenge. I have one pair of very soft and flexible Sketchers tennies, but the sole on those is so narrow that it doesn't give proper arch support and I find them REALLY hard to walk in. Plus, I occasionally wear an ace bandage or a brace if I know I'm going to be on my feet a lot, and NONE of my shoes will fit over that. Walmart, here I come.
I still don't know how long it will be until I can start riding again. I'm trying to tell myself I'm not even going to THINK about it until September. 8 weeks in a cast seems like it should require at least 8 weeks of rehab, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment