'Nuff said.
Okay fine! :D This recipe looked really promising, so I took a leap of faith and doubled it (it didn't make enough to split) and boy am I glad I did! Huge, mongo hit with the whole family. Here's the recipe:
My notes: I'd prefer it with a little more everything - a little more spice, a little more onion. Maybe a can of tomato sauce or pizza sauce. I couldn't find a 10" pan to save my life, so I jammed it into a 9-incher. It *barely* fed the four of us (Josh had a sliver; Levi, Brianna and I devoured the rest). Next time, I'm going to double it and build it in a 9x13 pan instead of the 9" round so that we have lunches. In theory.Upside Down Fettucini Bake
1/2 lb italian sausage (hot, sweet or mixed)1/4 onion, chopped8 oz fettucini1-14.5 oz can diced tomatoes1 tsp dried oregano1/2 c mozzarella cheese, shredded1/2 c parmesan cheese, grated, divided3 eggs, lightly beaten2 Tbsp melted butter2 Tbsp parsley flakes1/2 tsp chopped garlic
Cook fettucini according to package directions. Meanwhile brown sausage in a medium skillet; add onion in last few minutes. Drain excess fat. Add tomatoes and their juice to sausage mixture. Add oregano and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer covered, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes.
Stir mozzarella into sausage mixture. Sprinkle in half the parmesan (1/4 c).
Mix eggs, remaining parmesan, butter, garlic and parsley in medium bowl. Toss in fettucini until well coated.
Spread pasta mixture in bottom of 10-inch quiche or round cake pan. Layer sausage mixture on top.
Freezing instructions: At this point, cover with heavy-duty aluminum foil and freeze. Thaw completely before baking.
Baking instructions: Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until heated through. Cut into wedges and serve. Serves 6.
No comments:
Post a Comment